Positive Attitude Means a Healthy life.
Do you ever find yourself thinking negatively about yourself or even about others? Do you catch yourself feeling unworthy or incapable because of how you think? We are all guilty, but what we should realize is the affect these negative thoughts and feelings have on our mental AND physical health is long lasting.
Many scientific experiments have been done about the affect of positive thoughts and words on different non human subjects and the results are amazing! No matter what it is- a snowflake, rice, a plant- positive words and feelings help the subject to flourish and grow, while negative feelings have the opposite affect-destruction. (For a fun sample experiment, check out this link: rice experiment) If simple objects like this are largely affected by such simple acts, can you even comprehend what your own thoughts and feelings do to you and your physical environment? Harnessing a life with positive thoughts, feelings and actions means a healthier life.
What changes can you make today to be more positive and healthy?
1. Start your day strong. Spend a few minutes with God in the morning reading and praying. Positive people create a morning ritual that reinforces how great life is and how happy they are to be alive.
2. Exercise is a great way to maintain your positive attitude because of all the positive chemicals it releases into the blood stream.
3. Positive Influances. It is often said that you will have a similar level of health, income and lifestyle as the 5 people you spend the most time with.
4. Watch your language. I always answer with “great,” “fantastic,” or “amazing.” Not only does this remind me that life really is great but it usually surprises and lifts the state of the person I’m talking to as well.
5. Take some time to write strong, life-giving, positive affirmation statements. Make a commitment to read those statements out loud every day. Enjoy how great they make you feel. Know in your heart that you’re making progress, even if you can’t see it just yet.